Welcome back, I really didn’t realise it had been so long since I last posted!
My creation for you this week? CHICKEN CURRY! Curry is a real favourite in my house (to adults and children alike) – not the jar, supermarket cook-chill or take-away kind but good, honest, home made using only the freshest and finest ingredients.
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 small chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1/2″ piece of ginger, finely chopped
3-4 chicken breasts, cubed into bite sized pieces
1tbs curry paste (or to taste) Pataks etc.
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/4 pint chicken stock
Tin coconut milk
2oz sultanas (handful or two!)
1 eating apple, cubed
1tbs Mango chutney
1 bunch fresh coriander
2. Add the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger.
4. Cook until the chicken has browned
5. Add the curry paste and lemon juice.
6. Cook for 2-3 minutes to flavour the chicken.
7. Add the stock and boil rapidly to reduce by approximately 1/3.
8. Add the sultanas, chopped apple, mango chutney and coconut milk.
9. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer while preparing your rice.
10. Measure your rice into a large bowl/jug.
11. Cover with boiling water, stir and leave to soften the rice kernels.
12. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. I always use the largest saucepan that I have to give the rice plenty of space to float about and therefore not stick together.
13. Drain the rice from the bowl/jug and add to the pan of water. Stir through. Return the water to the boil and then reduce the heat to give a gentle simmer. Cook uncovered for 7-8 minutes or until cooked.
14. While the curry continues to cook, stir it occasionally and use the time to give your work space a good clean down.
15. Roughly chop the coriander.
16. Add the coriander to the curry and stir through. Turn off the heat.
17. Drain the rice through a sieve. Your rice should be perfectly cooked, light and fluffy with no starchy stickiness.
18. Serve with naan breads, poppadums etc.
19. End result…..
Enjoy and if you do follow my recipe and like the result, then please return and leave me a comment.