I’ve had flapjacks in my head for a few days now but fancied baking them with a bit of a seasonal spice twist, so I changed my basic recipe a little bit.
I used Organic Green & Black’s white chocolate and FairTrade cinnamon and brown sugar.
150g (6oz) Butter
150g (6oz) Soft brown sugar
80g (3oz) Golden Syrup
300g (12oz) Porridge Oats
5ml (1tsp) Cinnamon
150g (6oz) White chocolate, chopped into chunks.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Melt the butter and sugar in a pan with the golden syrup.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the porridge oats, cinnamon and chocolate.
4. Press into a 24x30cm tin, making sure the top is level.
5. Bake for 30 minutes until golden in colour.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
7. Mark into squares.
8. Allow to cool for another 10 minutes in the tin.
9. Turn out onto a wooden chopping board & cut the squares through completely.
10. Allow to cool completely (or if you really can’t wait, nibble a piece as a cook’s perk while its still warm!)
Follow Me here too
Subscribe to Blog via Email