The magenta is such a girly girl colour.
Archives for October 2012
Winning Be-Ro banana bread recipe
Recipe Type: Baking
- 200g (8oz) Self raising flour
- 1.25ml (1/4 tsp) Bicarbonate of soda
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) Salt – I NEVER add this
- 75g (3oz) Butter – I use Stork margarine
- 150g (6oz) Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 450g (1lb) Bananas (weighed with the skin on)
- 100g (4oz) Walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180C, Fan 160C, Gas 4.
- Grease & flour a 2lb loaf tin.
- Mix together the flour, bi-carb and salt (if using).
- Mash the bananas.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale & fluffy.
- Add the eggs, a little at a time, alternately with a spoonful of the flour mixture and beat well.
- Stir in the remaining flour, bananas and walnuts (if using).
- Pour into your prepared tin & bake for 1 1/4 hours, or until a skewer, inserted into the centre, comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes, then turn out to cool completely.
- Once cool, wrap in foil and ideally leave for 24 hours before slicing & eating.