I was invited to take part in the Unilever Kitchen Picnic Challenge and was sent the most amazing hamper
Which came complete with some fabulous ingredients with which to create my picnic recipe.
I came up with this chicken recipe that can either be enjoyed hot or left to cool, sliced and enjoyed cold with a salad on your picnic.
1tsp Maille au Miele (honey mustard)
1 Knorr chicken stock cube
2 slices of bread, toasted and left to cool
4 Chicken breasts
2 tbs Hellmans Mayonnaise
2 tbs Colemans sweet chilli & mango sauce
1. Beat the egg and the mustard together and place onto a dinner plate.
2. Blitz together the toast and the stock cube to become crumbs, then tip onto a separate dinner plate.
3. Place a chicken breast between two layers of cling film and beat until about 1cm thick all over.
4. Repeat with the other 3 chicken breasts.
5. Dip both sides of the flattened chicken breasts in the egg & mustard mixture and then coat on both sides with the toast crumb and stock cube.
6. Heat the Bertolli spread in a frying pan and cook each side of the chicken breasts until golden brown and cooked through.
7. Mix the mayonnaise with the sweet chilli & mango sauce.
8. Serve the chicken hot, or allow to cool and then slice into strips about 2cm wide to serve with your picnic salad.
I served mine hot with fried sweet potato, a fresh leafy salad and a chunk of warm ciabatta.
Perfect and enjoyable served either way!