Do you love sausage rolls?
Don’t you dislike the poor quality meat used in shop bought ones?
Do you prefer a better tasting sausage roll?
Do you want to make them quickly and fool your friends with your culinary talents?
If you’ve answered yes to the above questions, then let me show you how using just 4 simple ingredients:
1 pack good quality shop bought sausages
1 500g pack ready made puff pastry
1tsp Maile Dijon mustard
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat your oven to 200C.
2. Remove the sausage meat from the skins and place it into a bowl. Discard the skins.
3. Add the Dijon mustard.
4. Using your hands, squidge the sausage meat and mustard together until thoroughly mixed.
5. Lightly flour your work surface and roll the puff pastry out to a rectangle about 50cm x 40cm.
6. Roll the sausage meat between your hands into lengths and place them approx 2cm from the edge of the pastry, along the longest length.
7. Fold over the 2cm of pastry to cover the sausage meat.
8. Brush the remaining pastry with the beaten egg and roll up your sausage roll, fairly tightly and evenly, pressing the edge to seal.
9. Cut into equal sized pieces.
10. Place on a baking tray on some baking parchment (easier to throw the parchment away than to scrub a tray!) Leave a little bit space between them to allow the pastry to expand without them sticking together.
11. Score the tops of the sausage rolls once/twice.
12. Brush the tops with beaten egg.
13. Bake for 20 mins until golden brown.
14. Serve warm or cold, sit back and accept the praise!