What better accompaniment to go with my Jamaican Jerk/Cajun spiced chicken breasts than with a warm, fresh and fruity pineapple salsa? This is quick and easy to make and can be served hot or even cold with a picnic or sandwich filling to go with some cooked meats too!
- 175g Del Monte canned pineapple in juice
- 4 Spring onions
- 50g Red pepper
- 15ml Cider vinegar
- 15ml Soft brown sugar
- 60ml Barbecue sauce
- 5mm Fresh ginger, grated
- 50g Canned sweetcorn, drained
- Chop the pineapple into small pieces.
- Slice the spring onions thinly.
- Chop the red pepper finely.
- Add these to a small saucepan with the cider vinegar, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, ginger and sweetcorn.
- Heat gently for 10 minutes until the peppers have started to soften.
- Serve hot or cold.
Perfect served as an accompaniment to my Jamaican Jerk/Cajun Spiced chicken breasts, along with a baked potato, sweet potato and fresh broccoli.
I used the tin of pineapple sent to me from Del Monte recently to make this meal.