After watching Nigel Slater making flapjacks on TV this evening whilst making dinner, it put me in the frame of mind to make some myself. This one uses my basic flapjack recipe with added fruit and a treat of hidden chocolate.
175g Molasses sugar
125g Golden syrup
350g Porridge oats
200g Cranberry and Blueberry mix
100g Dark chocolate drops
1. Preheat your oven to 180˚C.
2. Heat the butter, sugar and golden syrup together until the sugar has melted.
3. Mix in the porridge oats until thoroughly coated.
4. Stir in the cranberries, blueberries and chocolate.
5. Pour into a lined baking tin, 30cm x 20cm.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes then remove to a cooling rack.
8. Cool on the rack for a further 10 minutes, then mark into individual sized portions.
9. Cool completely then cut into individual pieces.