Thanks to Aldi’s PR company, I was recently sent a box of wines and beers to review. The box included:
225g Stork margarine
225g caster sugar
4 large eggs
5ml vanilla extract
200g self raising flour
2.5ml baking powder
2.5ml bi-carbonate of soda
100g dark chocolate
200g dark chocolate
100g milk chocolate
250ml double cream
Grease & line 2 x 20cm/8″ round tins
2. Add beaten eggs & vanilla gradually. (Add 1tbs of your measured flour if its’s starting to curdle).
3. Add flour, baking powder, bi-carbonate of soda, cocoa & milk. Mix thoroughly.
4. Add melted chocolate & mix well.
5. Divide equally between the two greased & lined 20cm/8″ round pans.
6. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 mins until a skewer comes out clean.
8. Turn onto a wire cooling rack until cold.
9. Finely chop the dark & milk chocolate.
10. Add to a saucepan with the cream.
11. Heat gently until melted & smooth.
12. Transfer to a cold bowl & leave to chill until firm.
13. Sandwich the cakes with 1/3 ganache.
14. Spread the remaining 2/3 around the edges & over the top of the cake.
15. Decorate with chocolate fingers vertically around the outside & Maltesers in concentric circles around the top.
16. Say goodbye to the diet and enjoy a slice (or two!)