This is a great & quick dish to serve alongside any dish of meat, or even with some cheese & a wedge of bread. Very versatile indeed!
2 Red onions
1 heaped Tsp Sugar
10ml Balsamic vinegar
1. Slice the onions.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
3. Fry the onions until they soften.
4. Add the sugar and cook for a few minutes until the onions start to break down.
5. Add the balsamic vinegar and continue to cook further for a few minutes until the relish becomes sticky & syrup-like.
6. Serve hot as an accompaniment with a meal or allow to cool and serve with cheese & cold meats.